Monday, June 6, 2011

We love our Interns! They Report In... Thank You Jenny & Jessalyn

Our Simply Mumtaz interns report in...


Jessalyn Ishigo, Simply Mumtaz' Intern
It has been a whirlwind 5 months as the Simply Mumtaz intern! I have thoroughly appreciated, embraced, and enjoyed every minute of this fabulous experience, from travelling to Palm Springs for the Western Turbine Users Conference to watching amazing venues such as the Millennium Biltmore Hotel and the Natural History Museum go from grand to fabulous. Seeing how Joella and her team put together one successful event after another has been invaluable to me, and I have learned so much about this industry.

Not only am I grateful for the indispensable lessons, but also the strong, positive women I learned from. Working for the Simply Mumtaz team has been in every way everything I could have hoped for: educational, entertaining, exciting. I genuinely loved every opportunity I was given to learn and participate.

I am truly inspired to set my goals beyond what I had previously thought possible in the event planning industry, and hope that I continue to honor the positive paragon that Simply Mumtaz represents wherever I go.
Jenny Anderson, Simply Mumtaz' Intern
The past few months I have spent working for Simply Mumtaz has been filled with lots of learning and laughter. I have had a fantastic time working with Joella and Jennifer and am happy to be included as part of their team!

I have always been passionate about event planning and am thankful that I am learning about the industry from such successful entrepreneurs. I work in the office on Mondays and have had the pleasure of working at the Coro Crystal Eagle Awards Gala and the Treasures of Los Angeles event. I have also attended a variety of ISES Los Angeles events including "The Cost of Going Green" luncheon. My time here has introduced me to a variety of wonderful event venues and vendors and has allowed me to meet many other industry professionals. I am so grateful to Joella and the rest of the Simply Mumtaz staff for providing me with such great learning experiences during my time as an intern.

Watching Joella and Jennifer at work is inspiring! They are both so talented and passionate about what they do, and I am appreciative for the opportunity to learn from both of them.

No comments: