Tuesday, November 8, 2011

SME at BlogWorld Expo 2011

Hi all! SME’s Event Assistant Ely here! I recently had the chance to attend BlogWorld & New Media Expo at the LA Convention Center Nov. 3-5. BlogWorld is the largest expo centered on the blogosphere and all the different social media components involved. It was aTwitter, Facebook and FourSquare mecca!
I was able to attend and learn from some of the industry’s leading bloggers and social media experts but I do have to say I have a favorite presentation. C.C. Chapman’s simple and right to the point approach to social media with a smartly titled “Content Rules, But Common Sense Rocks!” session stole the show for me. 

Here are my favorite tips I picked up from C.C. Chapman: 

Speak in Human: Blogging should be an extension of a brand and shouldn’t be written like a thesis paper! 

We All Make Messes: We’re all human, if a tweet or status post goes bad, deleting isn’t always the answer. It shows integrity when brands own up to PR mistakes and go with the flow. 

Respect: Value what your content says and readers will value it! No one likes a sell out.

Since we're talking about social media, don't forget to Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: @MumtazMarketing, @SimplyMumtaz and @MumtazEvents!

No comments: