Thursday, March 1, 2012

ISES LA's: Speed Pitching...

Hey everyone... I am becoming a regular now. It's Minzey reporting in for ISES LA. As the VP of Programs & Education, I was able to produce another education based event,  ISES LA’s Speed Pitching, last week at the Luxe Hotel on Sunset.  The real idea behind this education session came straight from The Special Event Conference Speed Pitching education session. I figured that people who didn’t make it out to Florida for TSE this year, could still have some part of TSE here in Los Angeles!   I was right!  We landed up selling out the room and everyone really enjoyed themselves. 
I was lucky enough to have Andrea Michaels, Extraordinary Events, to agree to be the Presenter for this education session.  She brought on Greg Christy, BriteIdeas, Inc., Liese Gardner, Event Solutions, Cheryl Fish, Someone’s in theKitchen, Greg Jenkins, Bravo Productions, Lisa Hurley, Special Events Magazine, Ian Seeberg, a Creative Director and Writer and Ruth Moyte, Red Dandelion Creative to judge the Speed Pitching. 
I was part of one of the winning tables and we were able to present our 2 minute speed pitch to the rest of the group.  One of our first time attendees, Ned Shapiro, At Any Event, said of his first time at an ISES LA event, “What a great introduction to a great organization for a First Timer like me. I'll be back again at Lawry's.”  I couldn’t have said it better myself! 


Hope to see you at our next event on March 28th at Lawry’s where we are featuring John Klymshyn, The Art of Living: Connecting Your Life's Work to Work You Do Every Day"

No comments: