Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cancun, Here We Come!




I am thrilled to be planning our first international destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico. April 19th will be the wedding day for one of my favorite couples, Shefali & Akash. Not only are they both hilarious characters, they are fun to be around and a pleasure to work with. I had the pleasure of also meeting the bride’s mom & dad during a Planning Trip to the wedding resort last month (also lovely people!) Since both the bride & groom are South Asian and there have been no South Asian weddings at the beautiful resort they selected, the Planning Trip was a necessity. We were able to get a clear idea of what each event would involve, the overall ambiance of the venues and how the local cuisine would tie into the menus. Check out the magnificent beach that the ceremony will take place on. Awe-Some! I spent my last afternoon in Cancun scouting for a henna artist for the bridal mehndi and watching boats go by on the water. For the henna, I decided a demonstration would be the best way to determine if the artist I met could handle the multi-hour job of Shefali’s bridal mehndi. He did a great job! Too bad I didn’t get my feet adorned with henna before taking the last shot! Hmmm…I didn’t realize how much the boat I was shooting looks like a school bus on the water. We might have to use that for something during the wedding weekend…

Posted by Karli Tanner at karli@simplymumtaz.com

No comments: