Sunday, February 24, 2008

Simply Mumtaz - GMIC Vancouver!


Simply Mumtaz at Green Meeting Industry Council Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia!


This was such a whirlwind week... We had our ISES February Green Special Events program on Tuesday (which I will post pics as soon as I get them), then flew to Vancouver for Wednesday's conference sessions! It was truly an international affair. Green is growing, it's not only a trend, but a new way of doing business. We had folks from all over the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan. There was so much information and the sessions were great! I'm so proud to be a member of GMIC and also to sit on the ISES International's newly formed Green Advisory Council. There is truly such a need for some Green guidelines/standards to hold those accountable for claiming Green and also just for those wanting to get started on Greening their practices. Everyone is talking long term about possibly creating a Green Certification... I'm on board.


Last year, I was in Montreal for the ISES Eventworld Conference and it was gorgeous. The people were great and it's definitely on my "go back to" lists. Vancouver was just as friendly, clean and refreshing... at least from what I saw from my day visit and my view out the 22nd floor of the Four Season's Hotel. I have to admit... I even bought a Maple Leaf Oh Canada T-Shirt! :)

No comments: